As a mom, I love my 3 kids but they regularly lie to me. I work hard to build trust in our relationship, but it’s often broken. This is a natural part of parenting, but it’s often tiring and discouraging. One of the things I love is that Jesus is the Truth. I can read God’s word and know for sure that it’s 100% true!
To continue the blogging series: 12 Powerful Names of God, today. We see that Jesus is The truth.
The True God
Christianity is not the only religion. There are some 4,300 religions in the world. I am sure that each of them boasts about having a god and what we can do to please that god.
4300 religions can’t all be right. There must be some wrong religions and only one true God.
The Bible tells us that Jesus is the one True God.
- Deuteronomy 6:4 — Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD.
- Deuteronomy 32:39 — See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
Not only that, the Bible tells us Jesus is the only way to God.
John 14:6 ESV Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
His words are true
People agree Jesus was an actual person who existed in History. What is disputed is whether He is the Messiah.
People often say that Jesus existed and that He was a good person.
Either Jesus was who He said He was, or He was a liar and deceiver; so therefore not a good person.
The Bible tells us over and over again that Jesus wasn’t a liar. His words were all true.
- John 17:17 ESV Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
- Psalm 119:160 ESV The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.
- Proverbs 30:5 ESV Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
We can have a certainty that everything in God’s word is true and everything that Jesus said was true.
In a world that is full of cheating and deceit, I am glad there is one person I can count on to always be true.
He Reveals truth
We don’t need to understand or know everything to have a relationship with God.
The Bible tells us, that The Lord Himself will reveal the truth and understanding to us.
- John 8:31-32 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
- 1 John 5:20 ESV And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
So many things about God were a mystery until Jesus entered this world. With the coming of Christ, these mysteries have been revealed and we can understand God’s plan of salvation.
Similar Blog posts
- Jesus says: I am the Alpha and Omega
- Behold The Lamb of God
- Emmanuel God is with us
- Jesus is The Son of God
- 12 Powerful Names of God
- Digging Deeper Christian Community
He Leads us in truth
As a follower of Jesus, I have a desire to follow Him. His word promises us that God will lead us. He won’t lead us astray or to an unknown end.
He will lead us in truth.
He will teach us and show us His ways.
- Psalm 25:5 ESV Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.
- Psalm 86:11 ESV Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.
The truth abides in us
As I read these verses about truth, I am a bit intimidated. It sometimes feels like I have to know what the truth is to be able to follow it.
But that’s not true.
Not only that, but when we are saved, God sends us His Holy Spirit to live in us.
- 2 John 1:2 ESV Because of the truth that abides in us and will be with us forever.
This verse gives me so much relief and hope. Knowing what the truth is and following it is not all up to me. God has given me His spirit to know and understand what the truth is and how I can apply that truth to my life.
Jesus is The Truth
Everywhere I turn, I see lie after lie. The lies just exhaust me and discourage me.
Thankfully, God has shown us the truth. We know that Jesus is the truth. The truth sets us free from sin, shame, and guilt.
Not only that, but God has given us His truth to be in us so that we know what we should do and which way we should go.
I am so thankful that God can be trusted to be true 100% of the time. There is no other god like Him.
What a wonderful God we have.
In the comments, let me know what evidence you have that Jesus is the truth.