1. There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, holy, eternally existent in three equal Persons–Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. The Lord Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man. He was born of a virgin, lived a perfect and sinless life. He died sacrificially as our substitute for our salvation and justification. He rose bodily from the dead and ascended to His Father’s right hand where He now ministers as our Great High Priest.
3. The Holy Spirit is fully God, possessing all the distinctively divine attributes. He convicts the world of sin. At conversion, He comes to indwell them permanently and sets them apart to a holy life.
4. The Bible is inspired by God and is the sole authority in matters of faith and practice. It is the basis of my beliefs and behaviour.
5. Humanity was made in the image of God and is precious. Threw Adam and Eve, sin entered the world and as descendants, all people are born sinful. Having turned from God we are separated from Him and need God to rescue us from our naturally sinful condition and choices.
6. God has provided a remedy for man’s sin in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. He was born as a man, lived the perfect life and then died for us, bearing the punishment for our sin that was our own responsibility to pay. EVERYONE who believes in Jesus and accepts His sacrifice are saved. This is the only way for salvation. This acceptance includes: repentance from sin, being born again through regeneration by the Holy Spirit, and salvation by grace through faith. The ultimate consequence for those who do not trust in the work of Jesus Christ is eternal separation from God, while those who trust will be forever with Him.
7. There is one Church. It is not an organization but a living organism, known as the Body of Christ, and is made up of all born-again believers. The local church is composed of believers in a locality. Though autonomous, the local church exists in vital union with all believers. They gather in Christ’s name as a corporate testimony to the Lordship of Christ and to the oneness of the body of Christ. They gather specifically to learn God’s Word, for fellowship and edification, to commemorate the Lord’s Supper, to worship, and for prayer.
8. It is the responsibility of all believers to love God, other believers, and their neighbours. Christians are called to worship God in spirit and truth, to study the Scriptures, and pray continually in order to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ in daily living. We are to be filled with and controlled by the Holy Spirit, to be fruitful, share the Good News of salvation through Christ, and encourage one another in the faith.
9. I believe in the imminent return of the Lord. Jesus will one day come and in the air to call to Himself all the believers from this world, commonly known as the rapture of the church.