Every year on Thanksgiving, my family sits around the table to give thanks to The Lord for who He is and what He has done for us. Thanksgiving is a tradition that most North Americans partake in. On that day, it can sometimes be hard to express our gratitude. To help, I’ve collected 17 Thanksgiving Quotes to express gratitude.
17 Thanksgiving Quotes to express gratitude
1. “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” Rumi
2. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” W. T. Purkiser
Related Blog Posts
- 10 Best Bible Verses about Thanksgiving
- 5-minute Thanksgiving devotional
- 30 bible verses about remembering
- The Christian Growth Hub
3. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” Charles Dickens
4. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” Maya Angelou
5. “I am happy because I’m grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy.” Will Arnett
6. “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” Roy T. Bennett
7. “For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile.” Elie Wiesel
8. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Melody Beattie
9. “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.” Johannes A. Gaertner
10. “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” Randy Pausch
11. “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” Henry Van Dyke
12. “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” Gerald Good
13. “Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have.” Catherine Pulsifer
14. “Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” Margaret Cousins
15. “No one has ever become poor by giving. Anne Frank
16. “We must find the time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” John F. Kennedy
17. “The more we express thanks, the more gratitude we feel. The more gratitude we feel, the more we express thanks. It’s circular, and it leads to a happier life.” Steve Goodier
Do you want to learn more about Thankfulness?
Do you want to read your bible more consistently? Do you want to know how to study the Bible on your own and know how to apply it to your life?
You are a Christian woman who is dedicated to living a life for Christ. You want to read your bible every day, but sometimes you get distracted or are too tired to collect all the resources you need.
It can be hard to figure it out on your own.
That’s why I’m so excited to tell you about The Christian Growth Hub!
The Christian Growth Hub is an online, monthly membership focused on helping Christian women read the Bible, understand it, and apply it to their lives.
The Christian Growth hub helps you in your faith by:
- Providing monthly Bible reading plans so you never have to think about what you’re going to read in the Bible next
- Giving you on-demand training on how to understand the Bible and new monthly training on how to apply the Bible to a particular area of your life.
- Connects you to an online community to give you encouragement, support, and accountability
There are so many more features. Click here to learn more about them, and see what The Christian Growth Hub offers.