The word of God is also known as The Bible. As Christians, we know The Lord gave us The Bible to know Him more. But, The Bible is so much more than that. That is why today, I share with you 45+ amazing Bible verses about The Word of God.
45+ amazing Bible Verses about The Word Of God
The Word comes from God
- John 7:16 Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.”
- John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Ezekiel 12:28 Therefore say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: None of my words will be delayed any longer; whatever I say will be fulfilled, declares the Sovereign Lord.’
- John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
The word of God is Perfect & True
- 2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.
- Psalm 119:160 All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.
- Psalm 33:4 For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
- Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
- Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Related Blog Posts
- 7 reasons why Reading The Bible is important
- What is the difference between reading The Bible and studying it?
- How to get started reading The Bible
- The Faith in Action Conference
The Word of God endures Forever
- Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.
- Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
The Word of God directs us
- Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
- Proverbs 4:20-21 My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart.
- Colossians 3:16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
- Proverbs 4:10 Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many.
The word of God compels us to do something
- Philippians 2:14-16 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.
- James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
- John 8:31-32 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- Matthew 7:24 Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
- Psalm 119:9 How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word.
- Luke 11:28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”
The Benefits of God’s word
- Psalm 119:130 The unfolding of your words gives light;
- Acts 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
- John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.
- John 15:3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
- Proverbs 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them.
- 1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
- 1 Peter 2:2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation.
- John 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
- Romans 10:11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”
- Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
- Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
- James 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
Our feelings toward God’s word
- Psalm 130:5 I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word, I put my hope.
- Job 23:12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.
- Psalm 119:114 You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.
- Psalm 56:4 In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
The Word of God Nourishes us
- Deuteronomy 8:3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.
- Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
Other Bible verses about God’s Word
- Isaiah 55:11 So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
- Psalm 107:20 He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.
- Matthew 13:22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.
- Matthew 5:18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
- Exodus 34:28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.
I know that Bible study can be intimidating. I also know that you may feel you don’t have the time, or you don’t know where to start. I get it.
That is why I am so excited to invite you to The Faith in Action Conference.
The Faith in Action Conference
The Faith in Action Conference is a FREE 4-day virtual event to help Christian women take action in their faith through a deep dive Bible study of Mathew 5-7 & James.
The conference is all about helping Christian women take action in their faith through a deep dive into Bible study.
16 speakers over 4 days will help you discover how to live out your faith by looking at Mathew chapters 5-7 & James. These chapters are filled with practical advice for us. Everything from how to treat one another, to marriage advice.
Click here to register for your FREE ticket today!