I was born into a Christian family, so I take my faith for granted. But one question seems to come up. What proof do we have that shows The Bible is the word of God? Can we really trust The Bible and know if The Bible is true? Is there any evidence that the Bible is truly God’s Word? Continue to read as I share proof The Bible is the word of God.
Satan can use this type of question to make us doubt our faith and doubt The Lord. So, it’s important that we are ready with the truth- so when the attack comes- we are ready.
Proof The Bible is the word of God
1. The Bible Is the word of God
The Bible identifies the author as God. For our benefit, He encouraged mankind to record His words in writing.
While there are recurring themes in the Bible, the authors’ individual styles and personalities are also evident.
The things that are recorded in the Bible were not created by humans but by God.
This is demonstrated by the fact that the original manuscripts were error-free and authored by God, who is the ultimate authority on all subjects and who is without flaw so it is clear that God has authority in every area covered.
2. The Bible Is Unique and Unified
The Bible stands out over all other literature because its message is consistent across all 66 of its books.
Over the course of 1,500 years, it was written by more than 40 distinct authors, including shepherds, monarchs, priests, intellectuals, fishermen, and prophets.
The Bible does, however, convey a consistent message despite its authors’ use of a wide range of genres, and goals for their writing, and exhibited a broad range of emotions.
3. The Bible Has Been Faithfully Passed Down
Isn’t the Bible just a copy of a copy? This is a typical denial of the Bible’s accuracy. The scribes who copied the Bible did so meticulously. Several precautions, such as counting the number of letters on a page and in a line, were used to verify accuracy. There are a few minor differences among some manuscripts, but we can almost always determine the original phrasing. Thanks to the abundance of early texts and fragments, we can find out the original wording in nearly every case.
Related Blog posts
- 7 reasons why reading The Bible is so important
- What’s the difference between reading The Bible and studying The Bible
- The Faith in Action Conference
- How to get started in Bible Study
- 45+ amazing Bible verses about The Word of God
4. The Bible Contains Fulfilled Prophecy
The Bible’s frequent use of prophecy serves as proof of its divine origin. Only the Bible provides precise, prescient prophesy because only the God of the Bible has the knowledge of the future and the ability to make it come to pass (Isaiah 46:9–12).
It shows every messianic Old Testament prophecy and then how those were fulfilled in the New Testament.
5. The Bible Contains the Key to Eternal Life
Everyone wants the secret to having eternal life. Many people spend crazy amounts of money and time trying to find the answer. I haven’t heard of anyone finding the source of eternal life.
That’s because they are looking in the wrong place. The Bible contains the key to eternal life. Nothing else.
The Bible’s message provides ultimate answers to our greatest need (God’s forgiveness) and meets our deepest desire (eternal life). In order to atone for our sins, God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die in our place. God raised Jesus Christ from the grave three days after He died in order to fulfil His justice. Three days later God raised Him from the dead.
The answer to our greatest need and deepest longing is the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
6. The accuracy of the Bible is confirmed by archaeology and history
- The Bible describes ancient customs, cities, towns, and conflicts, and over time, archaeologists and historians have uncovered discoveries that support those descriptions.
- The Bible is frequently used as a guide for archaeological investigations due to its accuracy.
7. The Bible speaks of prophecies that are already fulfilled
- The rise and fall of the Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, and Romans were foretold in detail several years in advance in the Old Testament book of Daniel.
- The birth, life, ministry, betrayal, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ were all foretold in the Old Testament, and they were all fulfilled.
8. The Bible and science are in agreement
- The sun, moon, and stars are situated in the sky just as the Bible says they should be.
- Astronomers frequently claim that the stars have not yet been entirely counted; this claim is supported by Jeremiah 33:22, which states that the stars are “as many as the stars in the sky.”
- Geological research supports the existence of the great flood. Last but not least, Job 36:27–28 and Ecclesiastes 1:6-7 both provide precise descriptions of the water cycle as it is understood by modern scientists. What more evidence do you require?
- In The Old Testament, The Lord asked His people to keep themselves clean. At the time, the other people in the world did not practice cleanliness. The people of Israel followed God’s law. These are now known to be simple practices such as washing your hands and not touching dead animals. Science has proven that these actions keep people from contracting diseases.
9. The Bible was written by eyewitnesses
- The authors of the Bible, especially the New Testament, went into great detail in their descriptions of every event, proving that they actually saw it all firsthand.
- The fact that there was always more proof to back up these eyewitness accounts shows how accurate they were.
10. The claims of Christ concerning the Scriptures
- The fact that what Jesus predicted in the Bible actually happened is one of the reasons why you can put your faith in it. Before He died, He predicted His resurrection, and when He died, the tomb was empty three days later!
- Jesus appeared to His followers after His resurrection and instructed them to return to the Bible. The majority of the early Christians thus passed away professing and defending the truths of His death and resurrection.
11. The Bible has the power to change lives
- The words in the Bible are powerful enough to change lives, some of whom include the apostle Paul, CS Lewis, Martin Luther, etc.
- Some of the passages that have turned lives around over the ages include the Psalms of David (Psalm 23 in particular), The Ten Commandments, the Beatitudes and 1 Corinthians 13 (Paul’s teaching on love).
12. The Bible’s primary author can be trusted
- This book’s principal author is responsible for maintaining its continuity throughout. From the promise in the Old Testament to the fulfilment in the New Testament, it has a clear plan for humans that points them in the direction of redemption.
- The Bible demonstrates to people that God is a loving and dependable being through the life and death of Jesus.
Ultimately, We Must See for Ourselves A person can know the Bible is God’s Word by first examining the claims of Scripture, considering the evidence for those claims and then personally accepting the challenge of Scripture to “taste and see” if these things are true. The psalmist gave the following challenge:
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! (Psalm 34:8 NKJV)