Have you ever wanted to attend an online Bible study? Is so, this post is perfect for you. In this post, I share the best online Bible study for women of all ages. I share with you the advantages and things to consider. Continue to read as I share The Best online Bible study for women.
I have been attending a weekly, in-person, women’s bible study since I was in University. I loved each study and learned the importance of women reading God’s word together. Then, 2020 came and changed all our lives and showed me what was possible for online bible study ministry.
My inspiration for online Bible Study
January 2020 started with our Bible study starting a new book study. We were excited to dig in and see what The Lord was going to teach us. A friend and I planned, organized and implemented different tasks for the Thursday Morning Lady’s Bible study.
Our goal was to stretch women through service and Bible study. We encouraged participation by having small groups and lots of time to pray and discuss what we had learned that day in study. We were thrilled with how God was using the time and was happy to watch Him move every week.
By the time March came, we were all in a groove and enjoying our time together.
As March continued, we watched as COVID spread across the world and country after country shut down. Everything stopped. We suddenly couldn’t meet in person and rushed to find a different way to have Bible study.
We decided it wasn’t safe to meet in person and the groups who could meet online. That is when online Bible study started for me.
I had experienced nothing like that before. At first, I didn’t like it. I was trying to juggle 3 kids being home while orchestrating their distance learning. They each had several meetings a day and not at the same time. While all of this was going on, we met online.
Usually, this time on a Thursday morning was holy for me. That is where I met God and learned so much about Him. It was uninterrupted time praying, fellowship, and learning about God. Losing that was hard. I suddenly had to share my time, leave portions of the study and was constantly distracted. I was convinced that online study could not work.
At the same time, my Sunday night Bible study group suspended in-person meetings and started meeting over ZOOM. We placed the children in front of the TV and could have our study uninterrupted.
This time together online differed from the first. Our children were not interrupting us and I felt like I was still experiencing the same connection we had built in-person.
Since these two experiences weren’t the same, I reflected on the differences between the two. The answer was quick in coming. In one, I had a million things going on, in the other I was focused.
I now knew that online Bible study did work and could be very beneficial.
Going through this process convinced me I could create and start an online Bible study of my own.
Since that revelation, I have created and launched my very own online Bible study. It is called: The Christian Growth Hub.
What is: The Christian Growth Hub
The Christian Growth Hub is a unique online bible study experience for women who desire to grow in their understanding of The Bible and deepen their relationship with our saviour.
The Christian Growth Hub Community provides a variety of materials for women in every stage of life and all levels of time commitments.
We help you pinpoint your barriers and help you tear them down so you can have an ongoing and consistent relationship with God.
My goal is to help women have a consistent and abundant relationship with God by providing weekly bible reading plans accompanied with a workbook, weekly online teaching, and an online community of like-minded Christian women.
My barriers to consistent Bible Study
As a mother of 3, my life is busy. I spend my days cleaning, cooking, shopping, driving to appointments, blogging, creating products and much more. Some days, it seems like there isn’t enough time to get everything done, let alone add in some Bible Study time. It just felt like too much.
I have been a Christian for many years and I have always struggled with having a consistent walk with God.
Some barriers I faced included:
- Lack of accountability and motivation
- Distraction from my kids, my schedule, and just life in general
- Not knowing what to study or how to study the Bible
- Not being able to make a plan and stick to it
I’m sure you can relate to some of this.
God helped me overcome these barriers through participating in weekly bible study.
7 ways an online Bible study can help you
1. Provides accountability
When you set a goal, the best way to guarantee success is by having some accountability.
According to this Forbes article, accountability “is probably the single most important element fueling truly successful organizations.”
Since accountability is the biggest part of success, I have incorporated it into the online Bible Study. Being part of the Digging Deeper Christian Community gives you access to 3 types of accountability.
- Track your own progress: This is exactly what it sounds like. You have a tracking sheet that shows the month and the date. The days you read your bible, you tick the box and the days you miss — you don’t tick the box. Over time, you can see patterns of what days you read The Bible and days you don’t. This tracker is not meant to judge you. If you are using a tracker and see the missed days and feel like a failure, then this is not the best tool for you. A tracker is a visual reminder of the days you have done something and the days you haven’t.
- Receive reminder notices: Another way to be held accountable is to set yourself daily reminders. I have a google phone, so I create a daily event called Bible study. As the event gets closer, I get a reminder on my lock screen. Having that daily reminder helps me remember I want to study, and I have created the time for it.
- Connect to an accountability partner: An accountability partner is someone who will ask you how your Bible study is going. They will ask what you are learning and how you are feeling about the process. You would both decide on a time and “schedule” you want to keep encouraging each other. Each pair of accountability partners will have a distinct set of “rules”. You want to make sure you are feeling encouraged and not pestered.
2. Limits distractions
One of the biggest pitfalls of Bible study is being distracted. Being part of The Christian Growth Hub will help minimize distractions in 3 ways.
- Gives you a set reading plan: If you are like me, you want to read The Bible, but when you sit down- you have no clue where to start. You spend 5-10 minutes thinking about what you are going to read. By the time you have finally decided- your time has been eaten up and you don’t have time for much else. As a member of the community, you will have access to a weekly reading plan so you don’t have to waste time thinking about what you are going to read.
- Offers a dedicated hour of teaching: One way to fight distraction is to have a set time of the week where you are connected with others in Bible Study. Every Thursday afternoon, at 1 pm mountain time, I go live in our private Facebook group to share with you what The Lord has been teaching me. This dedicated teaching time helps minimize distraction by engaging you online through participating in the study. You can watch live or catch the replay.
- Provides weekly workbooks: For each week of study, there is a 10-15 page workbook. Using a workbook decreases your distractions by providing a verse of the week, 5-6 days of scriptures and guiding questions. Following the workbook keeps you on track and your mind focused. If you get distracted by what’s going on around you, just jump right back into the workbook and start where you left off. Completion of the workbook is all self-passed and should take 15 minutes or less 5-6 days a week.
3. Provides you with a concrete plan
I am passionate about helping women grow in their relationship with God. I want to see you grow in your faith and understanding. Through prayer and meditation, I created a plan to help women grow in their faith. The plan includes following a specific Bible study path that follows the inductive bible study method. I have created the membership in a way to give you access to one study at a time. This was created with the intention of women to follow the Bible study path 1 lesson a week.
For example: Once you have become a member, you can go to the membership menus and see that there are modules ready for you to jump into one. The first module is a quick introduction to the membership, showing you all the parts of the membership. The next module is the first study- Who am I in Christ? This study includes 10 lessons- An introduction lesson, a conclusion lesson, and 8 Bible study lessons. Eight weeks after starting your study, the next study will unlock.
I chose this format to make the learning path clear and cut out all the clutter. I provide simple steps for Bible study. I do this by unlocking one bible study at a time. I could easily publish all the studies at once. But doing that would make you feel overwhelmed.
Providing you with one study at a time gives you a concrete plan to follow and cuts out all the distractions and worry about what you’re studying next.
4. Provides you with specific Direction
Over the years, I have been part of many groups and programs. One thing I don’t like is when I’m purchasing a product and being left alone to figure out how to use it.
Since that’s something I don’t like, I do my best to give you simple directions. I do this in 3 ways.
- Weekly emails: every week I email members with reminders of what week they are studying and steps they can take that week to be engaged.
- Facebook Guides: I want to create a space for engagement and growth. To facilitate that, I have created a guide for each week of the study. It includes the key verse for that day and then a few questions from the workbook.
- Videos: I am a visual learner, so I publish videos to show you different parts of the membership and how to use them.
I created each of these methods to facilitate spiritual growth and discussion.
5. Creates a safe place
Have you ever been part of a Facebook group where people call each other names and tear people down? I think we all have.
I have a zero tolerance for bullying and hate speech in the online Bible study group.
I want to create a space where people can share their thoughts, prayers, and praise without the worry of being condemned or made fun of. If that should ever happen, I have an action plan ready to implement.
6. Gives you support and wisdom
I have been a Christian for a long time. One thing I’ve learned over the years is that we are not meant to travel alone. God calls us to connection and wants us to build community with other Christians. My goal with The Christian Growth Hub is to support women in their walk with God and their everyday life. I do this by posting daily promos in the Facebook group and sharing wisdom through weekly teaching and other events or content I create.
The best part of being part of an online bible study is that you won’t just be hearing from me. You will also see what other women are learning by reading the comments and engaging in the Facebook group.
7. Facilitates Connection
Being part of The Christian Growth Hub means that you will have access to a premium Facebook Group. In this group, you can connect with like-minded Christian women. You can connect with others by posting a prayer request, praying for others, asking for guidance and advice, and so much more.
The more engaged you are in the group, the faster relationships will grow and the more connected you will feel.
A call to obedience
For many years, I knew God was calling me to write and use my gifts of teaching and leadership for Him.
It took me a long time to find a space where I felt comfortable doing that regularly.
Because of COVID, I could no longer meet together with my weekly Bible Study group. I missed the time so much that I started thinking about ways I can continue to connect to Christian Women regardless of what was going on in the world. That is when The Lord gave me the idea of an online community.
My dream is that women would find a safe place to grow, share and discover what a marvellous God we have.
I want to see women develop a consistent bible reading time and learn how to apply The Bible to their lives. I want to help women discover their spiritual gifts and give them opportunities to use them.
I have many dreams for this community, and I can’t wait to see what God does with this.